I believe that one of the most important tasks carried out by the Holy Spirit in our lives is to reveal to us, through the Word of God, who we are in Christ Jesus.
Many people have already formed their own opinion about you (your family, your friends, your co-workers or classmates, etc.) And many Christians fall into the error of listening more to these ideas and opinions than what Heaven is talking about them. If we add to all this the voice of our past, the voice of the enemy and the voice of the world (the media, television, etc.), it is very likely that we will fall into the danger of seeing a distorted image of ourselves.
That is why it is so important that we know and meditate on what God has spoken about us through His Word. For this reason, I want to share this list of biblical truths that will help you discover who you really are in Christ Jesus.
- I am loved (1 Jn. 3:3)
- I am accepted (Eph. 1:6)
- I am a child of God (Jn. 1:12)
- I am Jesus’ friend (Jn. 15:14)
- I am a joint heir with Jesus (Ro. 8:17)
- I am united with God and one spirit with Him (1 Cor. 6:17)
- I am a temple of God - His Spirit and his life lives in me (1 Cor. 6:19)
- I am a member of Christ’s body (1 Cor. 12:27)
- I am a Saint (Eph. 1:1)
- I am redeemed and forgiven (Col. 1:14)
- I am complete in Jesus Christ (Col. 2:10)
- I am free from condemnation (Ro. 8:1)
- I am a new creation because I am in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17)
- I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (Col. 3:12)
- I am established, anointed, and sealed by God (2 Cor. 1:21)
- I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind (2 Ti. 1:7)
- I am God’s co-worker (2 Cor. 6:1)
- I am seated in heavenly places with Christ (Eph. 2:6)
- I have direct access to God (Eph. 2:18)
- I am chosen to bear fruit (Jn. 15:16)
- I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house (1 Pe. 2:5)
- I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God (2 Pe. 1:4)
- I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me (Heb. 13:5)
- God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do (Phil. 2:13)
- I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need (Jas. 1:5)
Roger Yenkins - NWFC Associate Pastor
* Extracted from our April 8th, 2018 Sunday Worship Bulletin.